Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Fall Table & Frugal Accomplishments



Though The Prudent Homemaker has not been doing her Frugal Accomplishments posts due to a recent fall, she is doing a Thankful post each day of November.  Reading the post and comments helps me remember all I have to be thankful for.  I repaired my slippers, where the sole was coming away from the wool.  Made spaghetti using our tomatoes, garlic and herbs, and made a salad with our lettuce, tomatoes and carrots.  I submitted a $10 rebate for paint.  Each time I eat a mandarin, I add the peel to a batch of cleaning vinegar.

soap ready to be wrapped for a local B&B
Joseph & I took a road trip to Arkansas, and arrived back home last night.  We attended a conference, a mix of science and spirituality, which was a perfect blend for us.  There were a number of excellent speakers.  The days were packed, but we took time to enjoy the thermal baths and a few good meals.  We both came home with books to read, as well as a few interesting stones.
driving home
May your Thanksgiving be one of peace, good food and good company to share it with.

3 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

Your weekend get-a-way sounds relaxing. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Tracey Broome said...

Beautiful table! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Michèle Hastings said...

Wishing you and Joseph a Happy Thanksgiving!