Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Shades of Springtime Green

 Between the garden, the pups and upcoming show, days have been busy.  The asparagus have required picking every day or two, we planted a dozen of our tomato plants in Wall-o-Waters, and got all of our Wintersown plants in the ground.  There was one I had forgotten about, called Aubrieta Whitewell Gem, which is a low-growing perennial.  I froze several bags of spinach today. The rain and warm days have really encouraged our greens. 



There has been a hummingbird visiting our feeder.  I'm so glad I put the feeder up earlier than usual.  I know for several years, I saw the first hummer on Easter.  The pups are growing, and learning some commands.  Lily of the valley, chokecherry, dogwood and wild irises are beginning to bloom.  All the lovely shades of springtime green are arriving.

1 comment:

Fishtail Cottage said...

Hi there...found you from "awake w/charm and spirit" - wanted to let you know that i host a garden party on Thursday's & would love to have you link a garden post? I love meeting new gardeners...we all have so much to share & keep one another inspired! xoox, tracie