Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dragonflies & Dogwood


I haven't been around much this week. There have been lots of things to keep me away from the computer. The chicks and the garden are growing. J & I have been planting things. He the edibles, me primroses, some Kousa dogwood seeds, and sedum and hosta that my friend Meredith shared with me. Actually, the dogwood do have edible fruits. I've been cold-treating the seeds, and this was the week to plant them out. I'm hoping to have some sprout. The fruit the seeds came from was pleasant & lightly sweet. The trees are pretty year round, and they're resistant to dogwood anthracnose. What's not to like?

This little dragonfly spent the night under some row cover I had cozied up one of the clematis with. I'm fond of dragonflies, and love to see them flitting about when I walk to the hayfield behind our homestead. Happy Earth Day!

No comments: