Friday, April 30, 2010

Animal Views







I thought I'd join with Joyce at A Perfect Beginning in doing a Corner View post. This week's theme is animals. The pictures include Callie through one of our kiwi vines and the hen who was recently attacked by a neighbor's dog & is recovering nicely.

I ended up with 3 quarts of vegetable stock yesterday. Today I'm canning dried beans, a mix of bought cranberry beans and homegrown Purple Hyacinth beans. The cranberry beans are old, and won't easily soften up. According to Jackie Clay, homesteader extraordinaire, canning them is the way to go. If this goes well, another day I'll can up black-eyed peas and split peas.

One of the things I love about living in the country is all the animals I'm blessed to spend my days with. Wishing you a day of all the things you love!

No comments: