Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Solstice


I hope everyone had a lovely Father's Day. My niece, Heather, had us all to her first home. It was her first family gathering there, and was delightful. She, her husband and father-in-law had done a lot of work. They're a good team.
Poor Joseph was stung by a wasp on Saturday, and it's really done a number on him. He never got to the point of needing his epi-pen, but his face is still very swollen, and he's taking lots of Benadryl, which makes it hard to stay awake. Originally, it was multiple yellow jacket bites that caused his first bad reaction. Now he's reacting pretty severely to wasps, which I understand is how it works once one becomes sensitized. I've been gently massaging his face to move some of the fluid. Needless to say, it wasn't his most stellar Father's Day.
It's going to be another hot week here, with temps in the mid-90's. Today, I'm going to tweak my Kitchen Thyme soap recipe, and see if I can come up with a batch that doesn't seize on me. Wish me luck! Happy Summer Solstice, everyone!

1 comment:

cookingwithgas said...

Luck!
Tell J to get better soon and as one who has the same problem I understand how terrible he feels.
I hope you can get over the next time the family is here and meet Mara.
Happy Solstice!
love- M