Friday, June 4, 2010

The Bees Knees

I have a confession to make. I pet bees. Well, not honeybees. Just bumblebees. In fact, I pet this fine fellow here on my shed. Some years back, I read of someone who pet bumblebees, and it just intrigued me so, I had to try it myself. The key is to do it when they're cold and still, in the cool of the morning, or after it's cooled off in the evening. Sometimes, they'll move around a bit like a dog who's enjoying a scratch. I guess you could say I'm easily amused. Happy Friday, friends!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Yay..me too..I am a bee-petting kindred..arent they sweet?
Too cool! Lovely post Laurie..enjoy your pets!
Kiki~

cookingwithgas said...

Really! I will have to try that!

laura weant johnson said...

you are too cute! never would've thought to try that...happy weekend to you too!