Friday, April 19, 2024

Skoolie Progress On a Few Fronts

 


The skoolie bathroom is close to  being done.  Joseph installed the faucet in our bathroom vanity, and hooked up the plumbing.  The vanity came with a lid, which we didn't have a use for.  Joseph came up with the idea to use it as an accent on the wall behind, which we think looks good.  We're holding off putting the antique basin in, until all the work in there is done.  We still need minor things, such as hooks and knobs, and the door hung.  



I worked several days on stripping the paint off the stained glass piece for the bathroom.  Boy, did it have lots of layers of paint!  There was at least white and blue and orange, history of the house it hung in in the UK.  We want to keep the bathroom window usable, so Joseph is pondering how he wants to hang it.  




I wanted to show the secretary desk, now that it's inside the skoolie.  I don't think I could have found anything that would have fit any better, or pleased me as much in that spot.  


2 comments:

daisy g said...

I was thinking the lid would be perfect for an oval mirror. That desk is so perfect in that spot! It’s so exciting watching it come together!

Laurie said...

The mirror is a fantastic idea, but I think it's probably too low in that spot, at least for Joseph (6'1"). I think we'll have a full length mirror on the inside of the door, and a magnified makeup mirror on the wall somewhere. Keep any ideas coming though!