Monday, April 1, 2024

Late March



Hello, friends.  If you celebrate, I hope you had a lovely Easter holiday.  Last week, I did two loads of laundry, and dried them on the line.  Golden paste was made for the pups.  I brought a pot of small sweet potatoes to a boil on the stove, then finished cooking them on the woodstove.  These were used in the pups meals, and a few in the chicken's mash.  A library book was picked up while in town, which alas, turned out to be one I'd read before.  Thank goodness for unread Kindle books.  Asparagus was harvested, along with greens for the chickens and pups.  


The freezer was filling up with veggie scraps, so five gallon bags were simmered on the woodstove, and broth canned the next day.  Soap oils were melted on the woodstove.  My sister and I spent a day together.  In the town we were in, the co-op I belong to had 20% off your purchase for members in March, and I received that, along with using a $5 off coupon I had for completing a survey.  I donated a rug hooking fabric cutter and a bag of needlepoint scroll frames to a wonderful thrift store, which focuses on art supplies, but has all sorts of vintage goodness as well.  Those were things I decluttered.  My sister wanted to go to the Goodwill bins.  While there, I picked up a colorful boho bag, tank top, twinkly lights, two sturdy wood hangers, and two like new washcloths for $3.79.  


Yasa bag from the bins


For Easter, Joseph cooked a pork shoulder from a nearby farm in the crockpot.  I treated myself to a couple of artichokes, made an asparagus soup, and pear lettuce salad with toasted pecans.  It was such a lovely day, we even got in a "pond sit", before our dinner.  I went through Swagbucks for a cash purchase,  receiving 5% cash back.  The first batch of hummingbird food of the season was made, and  two feeders were hung.  Wishing you a peaceful week.


5 comments:

daisy g said...

Sounds like a lovely week. How great that you have a sister who also loves thrifting. The bag is so colorful! We are ready for the Hummers as well! Be Blissed!

Jeannie said...

Hanging hummingbird feeders already? Last year mine arrived about April 11th which was early. Have you seen any yet?
Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

Laurie said...

I do feel blessed to have a sister that loves thrifting. We have great fun together!

I haven't seen any hummingbirds yet, and it's about two weeks early, but I wanted to be ready for the early birds, just in case.

April said...

What a beautiful peaceful description: your "pond sit" makes me smile. Here, spring is coming on s-l-o-w-l-y but surely.

Laurie said...

Something about getting outside and sitting by the water really does feel peaceful. I'm glad you're getting tastes of spring.