Monday, March 14, 2022

Healing & A New Toy

 


Hello, friends.  On Monday, I debated whether to paint orders, but the forecast was for an 80 degree, windy day, so I began cleaning up beds instead.  Two flower beds and a garden bed were finished.  I harvested winter greens, and made a winter salad for J.  It smelled so good, but I'm doing an MM cleanse at the moment.  I had planned to do one soon, but moved it up, in case produce supplies worsen or become too expensive to afford.  This should put me a little farther along the healing path.  Though I still have a little itching on my hands, I'm very encouraged by how well I'm doing.  I've been asked why I don't just go the conventional medical route and be done with it, but I've always been about healing the true cause, rather than just suppressing symptoms.  From the many stories I've seen shared on IG, conventional medicine isn't great at symptom relief for eczema anyway, but so many with far worse (ie: whole body) eczema than I have fully healed themselves on MM protocols, though it often seems to take 2 to 3 years.  I'm already over a year in, and doing the Advanced cleanse again this round, which works so much better for me than the regular cleanse, due to the food choices.   The advanced cleanse has a good tasting smoothie for breakfast, choice of soup or smoothie for lunch, and a half dozen salads or other choices for dinner.  I also see an acupuncturist, and with using food as medicine, acupuncture, and Chinese herbs, I've just about beat it.


vibrant Liver Rescue smoothie for lunch


I used a 20% off code for a business order, and went through Swagbucks for an additional 2%.  A hen started doing poorly, so I separated her, cleaned her poopy butt, and tried giving her electrolytes, but she still died.  She was getting up there in age, but I have an awful track record of keeping sick chickens alive.  It's just so hard for me to tell what's going on when they get sick.  We haven't bought chicks in a few years, and intend to get some soon, as we don't want a repeat of adding more roosters to the flock, with eggs that hatch out here.  Greens were gathered daily for the chickens.  There was a fortuitous walk one morning, when I saw an interesting frog, mottled copper and brown next to our creek, and a red eared slider turtle near our pond.  We dropped off our taxes with the accountant, and received some information which may be helpful in lowering our taxes going forward.  J replaced halogen bulbs with LED's in two spots in the kitchen, to lower electricity usage.




At the grocery store, I took advantage of a coupon for .50 off a can of beans and used a $2 reward.  Looking over the receipt now, I see I wasn't charged for brussels sprouts, which also had a coupon.  When ringing up aloe, he mentioned putting it in as brussels sprouts by mistake, and I said I had gotten those too, but I guess he deleted it.  There was also a coupon for sugar, but it was cheaper to buy another brand.  I enjoyed Ken Burn's Dustbowl documentary recently, and picked up Grapes of Wrath at the library, which I'd never read.  A pan of GF bread ends was turned into bread crumbs.  I bought a used drill press J found through Marketplace for $35, which will be used in making compost crocks, and I've also thought of other uses for it.  It needs a bit of cleaning.  The drill press in J's shop is really heavy duty, and not user friendly for what I need to do, so this will be helpful.  I already have several canisters waiting to be turned into compost crocks, and will soon put it to work. 


"flower" from a poplar

On Saturday, there were events going on at the local potteries, and a neighbor and I went by several of them.  Most of them had a tea event, with tea and wonderful baked goodies, which I couldn't take advantage of,  but I made a small purchase from each of them, as I like to support our local businesses.  Two items will be gifts.  One shop had a planter sale, with a nursery taking part, where I picked up lettuce and cabbage seedlings for $1 ea., and I made sure to pick ones that had multiples in them.  I have lettuce seedlings started, but they're 1/4" high at present, so this will help until they grow.  It was frigid and windy, with intermittent snow flurries, but it looks to be our last really cold spell.  I made a mailbox bow with the perfect roll of shamrock ribbon I got at a thrift store for $1 last year.  I've been meaning to start sprouting again, and started a jar of alfalfa sprouts on Sunday.  I steamed some of our potatoes for dinner, after cutting the eyes to plant.  A bag of frozen strawberries was finished, to use in oatmeal.  Have a lovely week, friends.


4 comments:

daisy g said...

Congratulations on your healing path. I don't remember what MM stands for? You're right about conventional medicine not being very helpful for eczema. Right now I am dealing with another decline in my bone density and trying at all costs to avoid meds. Let me know if you know of anything helpful.

So sorry to hear about your chook. If only they could tell us what's going on. Have you had good experience in getting hens (not roosters) when purchasing chooks? I'm trying to decide which route to go, as I can't have another rooster on our small property.

The weather was SO cold this weekend, but we had no snow. Your pottery/seedling expedition sounds fun! Soon, you'll be having lettuce sprouting up all over the place!

Have a fabulous week!

Laurie said...

Hi Daisy. MM stands for Medical Medium. I know regular exercise is helpful for bone density, especially weight bearing and resistance, but I expect you're already getting plenty of that. I'm pretty sure you don't drink them, but soft drinks leach calcium from the bones. Leafy greens, yellow & red vegetables provide carotenoids, which protect from bone loss. The next time I see my herbalist friend, I'll see if she has any suggestions.

We have on occasion come up with roosters when buying chicks, and try to look for when they're selling pullets rather than straight runs. But sometimes you get what you can get. Thanks for the reminder to pay attention to that this spring. I hear you about not needing another rooster!

Laurie said...

P.S. Another one I expect you already know, but keep away from steroids, as they cause bone loss.

Jeannie said...

Congratulations on the healing improvements of your eczema! I agree with you and prefer natural remedies as a first choice.
Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry