Friday, May 2, 2014

Blooms & A Reptile


I hope you had a lovely May Day.  I remember as a child, dancing around the maypole in May Day celebrations.  Do children still do that?  Those sweet and simple traditions are ones we should hang on to, I believe.  Heralding in the warmer days is reason for celebration, don't you think?


The summer garden is mostly planted, thanks to Joseph's hard work.  There are potatoes & onions, spinach & lettuce, swiss chard & broccoli, tomatoes & peppers, watermelon & cantaloupe, summer & winter squash.  Okra, cucumbers and corn still need to be planted, and probably a few more things I'm forgetting.  If you are not a fan of reptiles, go no farther in this post.


This fellow was relocated to a brush pile, after he was found in the garden.  I haven't identified him.  Anyone have an idea?


Oh blueberries, I look forward to your scrumptiousness!

5 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

you know I love a good snake.
The weather is finally with us.

Laurie said...

Yay for lovely days, Meredith!

Anonymous said...

King snake?

Laurie said...

I do believe that's right, Rhonda, judging from the google pics. He was found heading towards the chicken pen, & they eat eggs, among other things. So glad to "see" you here. Thanks for commenting!

Anonymous said...

I like king snakes. We had one living under our porch for a while. They eat poisonous snakes, among other things. I don't blame you for not wanting them near your chicken pen though.