Monday, March 5, 2012

Stickers and Sprouts

I hope your weekend was a good one.  We had a visit from Joseph's son and family.  Little S sure was creative with stickers :o)

Though the season is just about over, I wanted to share a recipe for Brussels sprouts.  My first few attempts at cooking them, many years ago, turned them into bitter little things.  These are tender and delicious.

Oven Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts

2 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (quartered if large)
5 cloves garlic, minced fine or pressed through garlic press
1/2 cup water
2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Place oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 425 degrees.

In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, toss together Brussels sprouts, garlic, water, oil, salt and pepper and spread out in a single layer.

Bake for 40 minutes, tossing once about 25 minutes into cooking time.  Remove from oven and toss sprouts in the pan, scraping up brown bits into the sprouts.  I found the recipe here.

5 comments:

JLK Jewelry said...

I have been doing them that way but without the water. I'm going to do them with water next time. They are always so good, but some get crispy. I bet the water will help that! Hopefully we can get together later this month??

Laurie said...

They do still get crispy edges this way, Jennie, but so good. Hope we can find a day!

cookingwithgas said...

having that grand baby in the house brightens everything! She is a doll!

Jennifer said...

i've always hated them (blech)bitter little things from my childhood, but i put them in with my vegetables to roast and amazing, they weren't that bad!!

so funny.

shelena said...

Inspirational stickers is good when you make the best for the baby angel like him.

Labor Posters