Daylight Savings Time is taking a little bit of adjustment, but it's nice having light so late in the day again. I planted lots of containers for Wintersowing last week. I had good luck with it last year, so thought I'd try another round. Some plants were 2 lavenders, including an Alba, forget-me-nots, Hollyhocks Queeny Purple and Summer Carnival Rosy Pink, and a hibiscus Joseph grew at his house.
The above pic was my first attempt at sewing burp cloths. They were part of a gift I recently brought to a friend's baby shower. I used a towel for one side, laid it face to face with a colorful cotton fabric and sewed around the edges, leaving about half of one of the short sides unsewn to be able to turn it inside out. Once I turned it inside out, I topstitched around all the edges, then embellished with ribbons. I thought they turned out well for a first try. I forget the finished measurements. They're folded in half for the picture. Next up, I believe will be a table runner.
I know there are folks who read my blog who are not on my facebook, so thought I'd let you know I've been working on a new page, and would be delighted if you'd visit, and "like" me, if you're so inclined. https://www.facebook.com/#!/AbelaBodycare Thank you kindly!