Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thoughts of Green, Growing Things


I've been enjoying this birdnest for a few months now. The ones I find in better shape, I save for my Christmas tree. I'm gathering quite a collection of them, and it's one of my favorite things to place on the tree. But this one, I put on a large rock near the bird feeder I fill most often.

The ice and snow are slowly melting. I've been working on dessert pedestals, and taking photos for my etsy shop. I've sorted through our collection of seeds, made my 2011 garden list, and found what I'd like in a couple of catalogs. I need J to look it over, before we order. There's always that anticipation that this year's garden will be the best ever. Thoughts of green, growing things dance through my head...

2 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

Yes- let us dream loud about spring- the front yard is even worse today then it was yesterday- slick city out there.
Think warm thoughts!

......Michele @ Portlandia Vintage said...

Birds' nests are so special. When I find one abandoned on the groud, it is such a feeling of intimacy for the bird(s) who once used it! Thank you for your thoughtful comments to my post last week.