Monday, November 16, 2009

Remembering Hickory




My wonderful brother recently sent me a card, just because. He knew I'd love it, given my propensity for big dogs. It makes me smile every time I look at it. I can totally relate to the glee in the little girls face. I lost my sweet dog, Hickory, a little over a year ago. Hickory was a Black Lab/Great Dane mix. Though I am admittedly biased, he was a truly special being. He was the type of dog that, upon coming to my house & meeting him for the first time, people would ever after ask about him when we saw each other. He was a most excellent walking companion, and cheered me during some pretty dark days while going through a separation and divorce. He was, and remains, the dog of my heart.

1 comment:

cookingwithgas said...

oh my how cute!
Hope to see you this weekend!