Monday, August 24, 2009

Harley's & Hanging Out With the Girls


This weekend, Joseph & I saw a film, "Garbage Warrior". It's the story of a man who makes structures using what most of us throw away--tires, cans, plastic bottles & mortar or mud. They're often called Earthships, as they're usually self-contained, with internal sewage, heating & cooling, & greenhouses for food. It's got us fired up to create an Earthship workshop. Yesterday, I made a batch of lavender soap. The chickens looked so cute hanging out on the pile of cedar posts, I had to take a picture of them. Of course, they moved before I could get the camera & snap it, chickens being what they are. After the soap was in the mold, Joseph & I took off for an afternoon road trip on his Harley, stopping at Camelback Bridge in Gulf. It's interesting that when you're on a bike, everywhere you stop, people want to talk to you. It probably didn't hurt that Joseph's bike is a pretty, turqoise thing.

2 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

You have such a great life!

hunamongyou said...

We had a great weekend and we do have a great life! I enjoy my life with you!