Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Feeding Chickens




Today my Mom & her partner, Frank came for a visit, along with Frank's son, Mel & daughter-in-law, Barbara. Barbara used to have a pet chicken & got a kick out of feeding one of our girls. Barbara & Mel live on Long Island, & commented about how far out in the country this is. It's definitely another world from my Long Island roots!

The first of my eye pillows is done. The lavender flowers in it smell lovely each time I handle it. Initially, I thought I'd cover the pillows in ahimsa or "peace silk", but after researching it, I'm not convinced it's really a more humane way to go, so for now plan on using silk that I cut from thrift store items. It seems to be the gentlest approach. The heat has abated & the rain is setting in. Makes me in the mood to do some real cooking!

1 comment:

cookingwithgas said...

I am so happy to see you still have chickens- I worried about them Sunday night!