Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bountiful Tomatoes & Hand-Painted Silk




It's been a great week. Circa Gallery now has Joseph's Star Turtle sitting in it's front window. Woohoo! I played at Circa with Cori Cagle, an artist friend, painting some silk that I'm going to turn into eye pillows. There's such good energy there; so many creative folks coming & going. It was great fun to be around it all. Cori is painting a silk poncho for a wearable art show. I can't wait to see it finished. I rinsed my silk this morning & hung it on the line. We attended the "grand opening" for Lumina Wine & Beer's new porch last night. Even with a few sprinkles, it was a lovely way to spend a summer's eve. Our garden is producing lots of good things, even with the lack of rain. The tomatoes are amazing. Joseph & I are canning the first round of them today. Still, we may just do a rain dance this evening.

No comments: