Monday, November 5, 2018

November Days & Frugal Accomplishments



Hello, dear friends.  Last week, I gathered lettuce, chickweed, kale and cucumbers for salads.  The mint has been thriving in this weather, so I gathered a basket of it, thinking I may make simple syrup.  I found a few chanterelles.  I've dried the most recent ones I've found, as there have just been a few at a time, and all quite small.  A few carrots were pulled.  I harvested collards for a new recipe, and cut holey ones for the chickens to enjoy.  I believe this may be the prettiest rose I've grown yet.  It seems quite happy with this warmer than usual fall weather.

 
 


Instead of stopping by one of the big grocery stores I usually shop at after work, I stopped at our little local one, and just picked up milk, clementines and brussels sprouts.   The early voting place was very close to where I work, so I took advantage of that, saving gas and time from if I had waited until voting day.  I primed three of our orders before it started raining.  I paint these outdoors, so have to work around the weather.  I was able to finish painting them on Sunday, and hope to have them packed up and on their way on Monday.  Though we've had several light frosts, none have been killing frosts so far.  It looks like we'll get one of those later this week, but in the meantime, there is more than the usual flora, fauna and fruit to enjoy, these November days.  Wishing you a lovely week. 

7 comments:

Beckyathome said...

Those flowers are so pretty! I love looking at them--of course, I love flowers any time, any day!

Michèle Hastings said...

Great flower and butterfly photos!

Laurie said...

Thank you kindly, Becky & Michele!

Christine said...

Thank you for posting your delicious sounding meals. Because of you, I tried a recipe for "meatless" meatballs using eggplant. My granddaughter liked it and I knew it was healthy for her. I have another eggplant to use for something. I haven't decided what to cook yet. I enjoy your blog and love all the pictures.

Laurie said...

I have a couple of meatless meatball recipes I've been wanting to try, Christine. I need to do that. That's great your granddaughter liked them. Thank you for your kind comments.

Jeannie said...

Chickweed in a salad is something I have wanted try but seem to keep forgetting to pick it. Thanks for the reminder and I will get some this week.
Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

Laurie said...

Gotta love volunteer food that's good for you!