Monday, January 19, 2015

Cleaning House and Frugal Accomplishments



I'm joining with Brandy for this week's Frugal Accomplishments.  I made yogurt and bird suet, and ground whole wheat flour.  We ate homegrown lettuce, garlic, tromboncino & zucchini squash, rosemary, eggs, and the last tomato from the 2014 garden.  We swapped the chick that definitely looked like a rooster for a hen, so now we're pretty sure we do have 4 hens.  They had their first little outing over the weekend, when the temps were in the 50's and they had a nice sunny spot to hang out in.  They have been in a brooder, with a heat lamp during these cold temps, otherwise.  I colored my hair at home.

I cashed in swagsbucks points for two $5 amazon gift cards; and met my daily goal 5 days.  Our friend that is staying with us has been helping me by doing searches, and every day, he has gotten me some swagbucks for his searches.  I sure appreciate that.


I worked on cleaning and organizing my kitchen pantry. Several items of kitchenware were put in the donate box, and I threw out my Chemex coffee maker.  It hasn't worked for some time, & I was only saving it for gatherings, as SO & I  make single cups when we drink coffee.  He can fix just about anything, but I figured if it hadn't been fixed by now, it was time to let it go.  There were a number of things that needed straining and bottling in the pantry; several herbal tinctures- elderberry, nettle, and shiso, plus vanilla extract and lime cleaning vinegar.  I'm happy that's finished.  I have the other half of the pantry still to do. I have high hopes for accomplishing that this week.


We had Brandy's Spanish rice, along with bean burritos for dinner one night. Used red onion I had dehydrated in the Spanish rice.  Used homemade laundry soap and dried laundry on the line.  Cleaned and organized my shipping area, which had gotten ugly during the holidays.  These are little steps, but every step that gets me closer to a peaceful, organized and clean house makes me happy.  Have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

I had no idea what swagbucks was so of course I googled it! I think I am going to join.
As always, reading your frugal accomplishments inspires me to do a better job of being frugal and doing my part in trying to save the planet.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog [from Brandy's], Sounds like you accomplished a lot this week..
Always nice to do that.
Love swagbucks too..
I went and did my monthly grocery shopping this week. Used $30 in coupons, and comp ad at Wal mart for some great savings.
Washed my car today [we have had lovely weather for the last 2 days], this saved me $7 at the drive through car wash.

Laurie said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Judy! I'm still figuring out how to make swagbucks work for me. Sounds like you did well this week too.