Sunday, September 20, 2009

Home Again


After a lovely week at the beach, Joseph & I are back home. We read, relaxed on the beach, read, visited our favorite plus some new thrift stores, read, walked on the beach & read. It seems all but one lone hummingbird left for warmer climes while we were away. The leaves are beginning to cover the ground in places. I spotted a chrysalis shortly before we left, on a tarp covering the cistern, of all places. It had beautiful gold specks that shimmered like the real thing. The chrysalis was empty when we returned, but I did spot another caterpillar on the milkweed yesterday. Speaking of reading, I got a great book at the library, See You in a Hundred Years. It's the story of a NY city couple who moved to rural VA to live as they did in 1900. So far, a pretty interesting read.

2 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

there was a point where Mark and I thought- a few hours to the beach or a few hours to Asheville. Take your pick.
The mountains won out this time- We went for the fallen water,but I could use a look at the ocean as well!

I hope when you go back to Asheville you will check out the River Arts area.
What butterfly do you have there- do you know?
M

Laurie said...

I don't know. Still need to research it. Plus a flowering plant that's popped up near my old potting bench & don't recognize.