Saturday, August 6, 2011

Feeding My Soul at the Ocean

Joseph and I spent a few days with my brother's family at Sunset Beach this week.  There's just something about the ocean that feeds my soul.  There were lots of walks, some reading, time at the water catching up with my sister-in-law and niece, and dinner with the extended family one night.  The house had a cow out front.  Apparently, it has been there since the house was called Udder Rest.  Though the name has changed, the cow remains.  My niece celebrated her birthday while there, and the cow got decorated, which is what you see in the picture.  My niece is a kindergarten teacher, and recently started a teaching blog.  I loved hearing her stories of the inventive things she does to teach her kids. They're lucky kids to have her for a teacher!

3 comments:

JLK Jewelry said...

The ocean does feed one's soul! What a good time to be away from this heat and near water. Glad you guys had a good time!

Stephanie said...

I feel exactly the same way about the beach. Soul food. Is that you and Joseph with the cow? Peace, Stephanie

Laurie said...

That's us alright, Stephanie.