Friday, August 16, 2024

Cargo Deck Railing

 



This week, I powder coated the uprights, which Joseph calls standards, for the cargo rack/deck on top.  He used the same cypress used on the decking for the rails, after cutting them in two, and got it all mounted.  My sister and I went thrift shopping yesterday, and I found a few kitchen utensils for the skoolie, and a frame for a canvas our granddaughter painted for us, which we'll hang here.



The stained glass in the bathroom window is in front of a working RV window, which we want to be able to open.  He attached a handle I found to the frame, and mounted a cup hook on the ceiling.  I'm planning to macrame a short cord to go between them, which will hold the stained glass window open as needed.  I have several different hemp twines, used in my soap business, one of which I will choose to use.  I've not ever done macrame before, but am sure I can find tutorials online.  If you're aware of any good ones, I'd appreciate if you'd pass them along. 


4 comments:

daisy g said...

I love all the creative touches you have added. This skoolie will have you personal stamp on it. Lovely.

Laurie said...

Thank you, Daisy!

Staci @Life At Cobble Hill Farm said...

I agree with Daisy. It will be so cozy.

Laurie said...

Thank you, Staci!