Wednesday, May 5, 2021

A Coastal Getaway

 



Over the weekend, my sister and I made a quick trip to the coast.  Several weeks ago, I'd gotten tickets for a socially distanced event, to attend on Saturday.  On the way there, we stopped and got lunch.  I got what I thought was one of the healthier things on their menu, a fried green tomato sandwich.  There's no doubt I ate more fat at that meal than in the past month, but I must say it tasted good.




We mostly relaxed.  I got to read a bit, and the TV was never turned on.  We had dinner outdoors at Tupelo Honey, which was lovely and healthy.  Sunday morning, we asked how to get to the closest beach access, and took a nice long walk.  On the way back to the car, we heard what we thought was a bagpipe in the distance.  Sure enough, we were treated to a bagpipe serenade.  We were only able to listen to three songs, as the car was in timed parking, but it was a lovely thing.  I wish I'd have thought to record sooner, as the earlier songs were prettier.  Sorry for the quality.




Once we checked out, we stopped by a Goodwill.  I found a canister to turn into a compost crock, and two Egyptian cotton pillowcases and a sheet.  My sister found several treasures as well.  On the way home, we stopped for lunch.  I had found a market with fresh juices, so was able to get celery juice, and not miss any days.  We got food to go, and I also did a little grocery shopping, mostly for gluten-free items.  GF is new territory for me, and I'm trying to find items that I and hopefully J can eat.  I've also begun printing recipes that sound worth trying.  If you have any yummy GF foods to share, I'd love to hear. 

 

2 comments:

daisy g said...

Sounds like a wonderful getaway. What a treat with the bagpipes on the beach.

Check underneath my header for lots of allergy-friendly recipes, mostly gf. Let me know if you're looking for something in particular.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Laurie said...

Thank you, Daisy! I will check them out.