Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Toads, Alpacas & Bullfrogs, Oh My!


There has been a soft, steady rain falling this morning, which will make for a happy garden.  This week is a bit of a whirlwind, leading up to the Art with the Alpacas show.  We met at High Meadow Farm last week, for a photo for the newspaper.  I got up close and personal with two of the alpacas.  They checked me out, getting nose to nose with me.  It was amazing being so close, feeling their whiskers and warm breath on my face. They are pretty special creatures.  I found this toad among the turnips, and rubbed his back a bit before taking the picture.


At long last, there is progress being made on the pond.  Our neighbor, Joe, never did come back and finish it as promised, and apparently has left town.  But that's OK, because Joseph now has access to a backhoe.  It's an oldie but goodie, and there have been more repairs than I can count on my two hands.  Slowly but surely, the pond is taking shape and the dam is being fortified.  I'd been hearing the bullfrogs, and managed to spy a large one on a log over the weekend. If you're in central NC, come on out to the show on Saturday.  It promises to be great family fun, with the alpacas, live music, food and a village of 2 dozen artisans.  And did I mention cupcakes?

1 comment:

cookingwithgas said...

you will pull them in with those cupcakes!
I do love the summer frogs and toads.