Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wrappings











Wrapping my products has been a growing edge for me. Though I've always enjoyed wrapping presents, this has been a bit more challenging for me. This morning, I've been playing with a couple of my soap gift sets. I was really excited when I came up with the idea to wrap the Coffee set in burlap from locally roasted beans, but not sure about the rest of it. Paper, ribbon or gold stretchy rope? The Rose set has confounded me. Not sure if cheesecloth does anything for it, or if ribbon or fabric are enough. I took some pics, and would love some feedback, if you're so inclined-- preferences and ideas welcomed. Too, I'm pondering my first giveaway. I'd love it if you took a peek at my shop, and let me know if anything in particular would inspire you to join in. It'll be a simple giveaway; just a comment will get you entered.

7 comments:

Victoria said...

These are all so lovely! Wonderful work! I checked out your etsy site..beautiful stuff..I love the dedication to your Grandmother and the teacup photo!I love how you decorated the burlap/coffee one too.I think your give-aways would be a great idea..even a mother's day or spring one would be so lovely! Good luck! All your products are super and it nice they are so natural!
Kiki~

cookingwithgas said...

Hi Laura,
The cheesecloth has that medical feel to it. Reminds me of wrapping a cut- I hope this makes you laugh.
I like the coffee and the colors or ribbons blending with the names of the soaps.
It is hard to find just that right thing.
But you are creative enough to figure it out.
M

Laurie said...

Ah, kinda like gauze, Meredith. Maybe that's why I didn't especially love it! Thanks, Kiki, for your words of encouragement.

A Friend Across the Miles said...

I wish I could help, but I'm clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff - that's why I read blogs like yours. I need inspiration.

I really like your Etsy "stuff", by the way.

JLK Jewelry said...

Hi Laurie, Jennie from JLK Jewelry just down the road here in Seagrove. Your soap is so pretty I personally would lean to keeping it simple. Maybe a patterned ribbon or a paper wrapper with a muted print or floral in the background.

Magnolia Handspun said...

Just so gorgeous. I bet it is so fun to make. You really make these soaps look so pretty.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Your shop on etsy is so nice. I love how you have your soaps displayed. The lavender and green tea soaps both sound really good!
I like all three of your wrappings, but love the idea of the coffee bag one that says "Wake up"