Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bean Poles & Lambs Quarter


I was up & out early this morning to work in the garden. It's supposed to be 94 today. Joseph wants to plant okra soon, & the garden bed was full of some lovely Lamb's Quarters. I harvested them & ended up with quite a lot after cleaning. I should have plenty to make a couple of quiches, & then some. Lamb's Quarters is one of my favorite wild plants; definitely worth a try if it's not one you're familiar with. Use it any way you would spinach. Joseph recently put up a trellis for our beans. His trellises always look like works of art to me. The picture doesn't quite capture it, with the bean tendrils reaching to the sky this morning. What a pleasure it was to work in the morning cool with birdsong to accompany me.

1 comment:

cookingwithgas said...

how pretty your garden is!
Looks yummy!