Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Good Things


Yesterday I had a massage session with Scott Hunt. Aaaahhh. Scott & I were classmates at BTI, massage school extraordinaire. He & his wife Cori Cagle are some of the most interesting, creative people I know. Cori is an elementary school art teacher & fantastic artist. I always leave them feeling energized. For those of you in the Greensboro area, Scott works at Chakras. I highly recommend him if you're in need of a massage. He does subtle yet powerful work.

This morning, I began some chickweed tincture. I often eat in fresh in salads, & have made salve with it, but this is the first time I've tinctured it. It's a great wild plant. I've found some great purslane recipes too. It's another great wild plant. I've been encouraging it since it showed up a couple of years ago, & this year have a good amount of it, so will try out some of the recipes I found. It's got very high levels of Omega-3's, good for heart, inflammation... If you want to begin using these nutritional powerhouses, that are free for the taking in most of our yards, make sure you know what you're harvesting & don't use anything that might have been sprayed with pesticides/herbicides. A great source for wild plants is Susun Weed.

No comments: