Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Canning Vegetable Stock


We did get a lovely rain during the night & this morning started out rainy, so I decided to can some vegetable stock. I've been making my own stock for several years, but have been freezing it. With freezer space at a premium, it seemed a good idea to can it. I ended up with 5 qts, & all sealed. Yippee! I also made some cream of asparagus soup, probably the last of the year, as it's winding down. Joseph put up the remaining wall of the shed redo & is putting up shelves. With my recent slim nursing hours & him being out with his injury, we've managed to do a little catching up around here. He goes back to UNC tomorrow & will likely get the OK to go back to work.

1 comment:

Tipper said...

Neat post! I've never thought about canning vegtable stock-kinda makes me feel like DUH cause I should have!