Friday, June 9, 2023

Prettying Up the Skoolie



On Saturday, we went by a wonderful local shop, which imports antique stained glass from England.  I found two small windows to use in our skoolie build.  The upper one will be for our bedroom, and the lower one will be used in our bathroom.  Some little touches of pretty.



The pups kept me company in the skoolie on this work day.  There were lots of screws that needed picking up, as well as a good amount of conduit straps.  Once I got up the majority of them, I was able to sweep.   J has a high tolerance for working in a dirty space.  When he and his business partner opened New Earth Fabrication, the majority of the work they did was in biodiesel, which is an especially dirty business.  So, he comes by it rightly.  Metal fabrication itself is a dirty business.  I have to be careful not to touch anything when I'm in the shop, or I'll come away with black marks.  It made me very happy to sweep and get some of the dirt and junk out of the skoolie, and do a little organization too.




Mama wren hatched some babies.  Joseph snapped this pic one day he was working on the bus.  I can see three little mouths in there.


He's been working on welding some of the uprights, so he can take out the wood supports from the roof raise, and also welded in our back window.  A few more little steps.


8 comments:

daisy g said...

The windows are beautiful! The clean up crew keeps the project moving along!

Laurie said...

They do make any job go better!

Staci D said...

Love the windows AND the helpers!!

Laurie said...

Thanks, Staci!

April said...

While we were on the road (to/from Rochester MN), we pulled into a parking lot to run into a grocery store. In the lot was a repurposed school bus, painted dark gray, clearly being used by someone as a travel/camping/road vehicle. Thought of your skoolie project immediately!

Laurie said...

That's cool! I've read that most Walmarts allow parking by RV's and skoolies. I'm looking forward to seeing our first one on the road.

BLD in MT said...

Those windows are going to add a fabulous touch to your skoolie! Beautiful touch amongst all the pragmatic details. Great snap of the wee little birdies. So sweet.

Jeannie said...

I enjoy seeing your pups. They look quite happy.
Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry