Friday, March 23, 2012

Trust


This past year has been a tough one.  I'm fairly frugal in nature, but this year has surely taxed my limits.  We've eaten from the garden and the pantry for the most part.  I'm so thankful I had put food up for uncertain times.   We've heated solely with wood, and in many little ways, we made do with what we had.  I've questioned my decision to retire from nursing, and several times have applied for positions, both nursing and non-nursing.  Nothing came of them, and each time something has happened to confirm I'm on the right path... a new soap account, a bit of work from the fab shop or a local pottery, my first custom embroidery job.  Though I would love to have big signs showing me the way through this, it has come down to trust. 

Most days, this is a beautifully peaceful life.  I don't want so much; just the means to pay my bills, support folks making beauty and doing good things in the world, the occasional secondhand treasure, a vacation now and then.  I do know I don't miss the demoralizing feeling of working for others who obviously don't value you.  And I know I am blessed in so very many ways.  So, I guess that brings me back to trusting that with hard work and creativity, we will come out the other side of this.  There is light ahead.  Guess I'll keep on walking towards it.

No comments: