Monday, October 17, 2011

Fried Green Tomatoes

There couldn't have been a more gorgeous day for Saturday's kiln opening. Or a nicer bunch of folks that came out to enjoy it.  Music was provided by Eck McCanless, who is both a talented musician and potter.  I was set up next to the lovely Bonnie Burns, another wonderful local potter.

On the other side of me was Nick and Suzie, from StarWorks Glass.  I'm sorry I did not get a good picture of their gorgeous pumpkins, bowls, tumblers and jewelry.  You can catch a glimpse of their work behind the bouquet and basket in my booth.
I was gifted with some green tomatoes, and decided to fry them up last night.  A bit of sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and Joseph's hot pepper sauce.  Then dredge in a mix of flour and cornmeal, and into the frypan.  I only fry food once or twice a year, but boy, were they good!

3 comments:

Gail said...

Laurie,
I was at the kiln opening and bought some of your soap (the last lavender!) I used it last night and love it. Thanks so much!! It was a gorgeous day out there!
And now I've found your blog:)

Laurie said...

Gail,
I'm so glad you found my blog, and also that you love my soap :o). Thanks so much! I hope you'll visit here again.

cookingwithgas said...

Your set up looks great!
as they say- you have come a long way baby!