Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturday in Stitches

This morning was chilly.  We didn't have any heat last night, even though the low was 47. So this morning, I decided to make biscuits to warm up the house, and treat our bellies.  I use a recipe out of Sundays at Moosewood, which is chock full of butter, but oh so good.  I rarely make them these days, but everything in moderation, right?

 I decided to can the stock in pints yesterday, as I had all quarts on the shelves, and sometimes recipes call for less.  While sitting with the canner, I worked on some stitchery. I've enjoyed doing some handwork recently.  Not long ago, I finished cross-stitching the bib up top for J & I's little grandbaby.  Above is a peek at one of the things I've been working on for the shop.  I've used a variety of thrifted fabrics.  This one was a tablecoth that had some stains, so I'm going to use the good pieces for some stitched items.  When there are enough items, I'll be listing them. Today, I'm heading to Body, Earth & Imagination, an art show by my dear friend Carey Smith.  Wishing you the loveliest of weekends!

No comments: