Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's the Berries


We're having a nice weekend here on the homestead. We got 3/4" of rain Friday night, so J was able to burn brush in the pond area yesterday. All that's left to do is haul out some posts, including some oaks we'll be using as structural supports when adding on our greenhouse room. I canned up 11 pints of tomatoes. I usually can mostly quarts, but last winter, wished I'd had more pints. Being there aren't that many tomatoes coming in yet, it seemed like a good time to take care of that. I did make Meredith's blueberry pie, and it's fantastic! I'll share the zucchini recipe later this week, as it was excellent.
I've been collecting all sorts of treasures, with the idea of opening a vintage section in my etsy shop. I'm excited about opening it this weekend, starting with 2 listings, with plans to create more listings soon. Wishing you summer goodness of all sorts!

No comments: