Friday, September 30, 2016

A High School Reunion & a Trip to the Coast


We arrived home today from our annual trip to the NC coast.  It was the perfect time of year.  The weather is still lovely (upper 70's to low 80's), and it's much less crowded, as well as cheaper than in the summer.  The motel we stay at has been run by the same family since 1953.  The kitchenette allows us to bring food from home.  We stay in a room on the third floor, where the balcony looks out on the water, & we can view the sunsets from just outside our door.


Being a dog-friendly property, there are always lots of pups around.  In earlier years, J & I brought Hickory with us.  These days, the pups stay home with a pet sitter, as we're not yet convinced that McNibs would do well if we went out and left him in the room.  I think Guinness would love it, but McNibs is still mischievous enough to be a concern.  I hope he'll mellow out and we'll be able to bring them both with us in the future.

a small piece of driftwood
We always find some washed up driftwood that we bring home for the pups, to share the scent and taste of the sea.  There was a storm with a waterspout, and two rainbows.  I did not catch any of that with my camera, but did catch the sky before the storm.


I always enjoy reading at the beach.  One book was finished and two others started.  I was determined to finish cleaning up the threads on my quilt, being it will soon be needed, and was all ready to celebrate finishing it.  Unfortunately, when I turned it over, I found quite a few more threads on the bottom.  Oh well, I'll just have to keep at it.  I'm sure the first few cool nights will be a major motivator to finish it up.


Just before we left for the beach, we attended my 40th high school reunion.  It was a delight to catch up with lots of people that I don't see otherwise, and make plans with some to connect again.  They were sweet, fun times, for sure.


It was wonderful to spend time at the sea. It's wonderful to be home again.

No comments: