Monday, February 9, 2015

A Fitting Frame and Frugal Accomplishments

the  lovely .25 frame I mentioned in last weeks post
Joining in with The Prudent Homemaker's Frugal Accomplishments.  The new to me frame is wood and either burlap or canvas.  I think it's a great fit for Deb's photo.  Laundry was washed with homemade laundry soap and hung on the line; I used homemade soap at both sinks and in the shower, and homemade deodorant.  The first dehydrator full of sweet potatoes is finished, and the pups love them.  Here's round two.



I shopped at the discount grocery store, and got food for all the animals... birds, pups and cats, as well as organic coffee beans (Java Love, dated July '15), and various other things I've already forgotten.  I stopped by the Habitat store, and found a couple of lovely handmade pottery drinking vessels (I'm keeping one and gave one to a friend), and a handmade glass bowl with swirls of cobalt blue, each for $2.  I believe the bowl will go into my gift stash....  somehow after removing the price tag, the sweet little bowl has just disappeared :o(.  I do hope it will show up again.

I needed ink toner cartridges, and bought them when Swagbucks was giving extra points for Staples purchases.  I will also get Staples reward points for this.  The track lighting that is my main task lighting in the kitchen needed replacing, though it was only 5 years old, and not very inexpensive to begin with.  We'd babied it, replaced parts from a lesser used light, and bought another light for replacement parts on Craigslist last spring.  One of the lights died again last week, so I purchased a new light, and will get Swagbucks for the purchase.  I made my Swagbucks goal most days.


snowdrops
hellabore
daffodils

I made Brandy's Spanish rice recipe and bean burritos over the weekend. Dehydrated onions and home canned salsa were used in the meal.  Also made french toast from homemade pumpkin bread and our eggs.  A walk around the homestead revealed several flowers with buds.  I sifted compost, and we put it around the 4 apple trees purchased in the fall.  That's all I can remember for now.  

2 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

I love seeing all these sprouts in February! Even though I have been here nearly 5 years it still amazes me.

Laurie said...

It's exciting to go out and see what's up each day, isn't it, Michele?