Friday, March 7, 2014

The Last Round of Winter Weather, Perhaps

Hellabore
In between the winter weather earlier this week, and the round that arrived last night, I managed to catch a few photos to show spring is indeed on the way in these parts.

Pulmonaria

I'm feeling grateful for power and hot showers.  We are just on the borderline of ice, and my family just north in the Greensboro area are without power.  I've heard reports of many trees falling.  My brother in law, who works third shift, had to abandon his vehicle to get home this morning, due to so many downed trees.  My family does have alternate means of staying warm, and by tomorrow the forecast is for low 60's, so it can't last too much longer.  I'm concerned about the 30 mile per hour winds forecast for later today, and the further trees it may bring down.


Chickies got fresh hay for their nest boxes, and the birds got a fresh batch of suet yesterday.  As the rain continues to pour down, I think the only sensible thing to do today is make some soap... natural Lavender rainwater soap with organic French lavender sprinkled in. 
crocus
Along with much of the country, here's a wish for warmer, drier days!



4 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

Yea for the arrival of spring. This has been a wicked winter all over the map. We're almost snow free.

JLK Jewelry said...

Hopefully it will be here soon! Your laundry soap sounds lovely.

Bill said...

And now we're bracing for yet another winter blast, after a teasingly beautiful day. I'm ready for this winter to be over for good!

simply bev said...

Looks like they're calling for more winter weather this week, just as the daffodils are starting to peek through. I'm ready for Spring!