Friday, November 2, 2012

Well Wishes Across the Miles



I love this quote I recently found on Soul Soup Sister :
'The plain fact is that the planet does not need more successful people. But it does desperately need more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, and lovers of every kind. It needs people who live well in their places. It needs people of moral courage willing to join the fight to make the world habitable and humane. And these qualities have little to do with success as we have defined it.' ― David W. Orr, 'Ecological Literacy'

This week, the first of the pumpkins has been canned.  Good thing, as there were only 2 quarts left on the pantry shelves, and one of those went to make Grandma's Pumpkin soup tonight.  There are a couple new laundry bags for this weekend's show, and a new rebar table listed in the shop.  The flowers in the bouquet  are most of what was picked before our first frost.  I'm always sad to see them go. 

It's hard to imagine what so many are going through in the aftermath of Sandy.  The neighborhood where I spent much of my childhood, on Long Island, was apparently quite hard hit.  So many blessings here in our little home.  Hopefully, good thoughts and well wishes do travel across the miles.


2 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

how true Laurie. We can all send good thoughts to those in need and help where we can.

Jennifer said...

I love this quote so much...so so so much that I stole it and posted it on my FB page.

I brought home pumpkins from my aunt's in WV and for the first year not only toasted the seeds but roasted and used them.

Reading this I would love to put some up.