Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Second Generation

Last year, at about this time, we installed our first solar water panel.  I'd bought a used unit, and we quickly realized it was not large enough to meet our needs.  So last week, J & I did the final touches on a unit we fabricated, and over the weekend, got it installed.  It's about twice as large as the first unit, so between the two of them, we should have plenty of hot water.  We've also begun work on another, highly efficient unit that J designed.  We hope to be testing it before long, and if it works as well as we're hoping, I'll be sharing more about it in the weeks to come.

I love blue flowers, so I'm happy the bachelor buttons have begun blooming.  The Twelve Apostles lilies that J brought from his house have also started blooming.  Ths past month has been a dry one here.  We're hoping the chance of rain today and tomorrow turns into some good showers to water the garden.  Baby squash and cucumbers are beckoning, but seem to be in a holding pattern without rain.
In addition to taking blog pics this morning, I shot some new shaving mugs from Whynot Pottery, to list in the shop along with my shaving soap.  If you're in need of a Father's Day present, check out their gorgeous mugs.  I've got the first one listed, and will list more over the next couple of days.   

2 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

you amaze me at what you get done.
I am working on some pictures myself!

Laurie said...

Thanks for that, Meredith! I tend to think it's never enough!