Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Inspiration & Standing Ovations











Now that my nursing job is being phased out, I've had more time at home. One of the things I've done with that time is find some excellent blogs, some of which I've linked to here in my blog. This morning, I read two & was blown away by them. Such incredible inspiration for what a blog can be. They provide gorgeous photography with inspiring words. The first, on bloom, taught me a beautiful poem I had not known. The other, on Rose Notes, reminded me of something my Mom shared with me a few years back. There's a very funny comedienne, whose name I cannot remember at present. She does a bit on standing ovations, the gist of which is the majority of us occasionally do things that deserve a standing ovation. I agreed & took this to heart. It doesn't have to be anything of monumental importance. In my life, doing something that required a lot of courage or even something as mundane as managing to get the groceries in the fridge when the garden bounty has taken up seemingly every bit of space deserves a standing ovation. I don't know anyone who can't use a little encouragement for a job well done. I bet you can find someone who deserves a standing ovation this week. Here are a few sites from the garden this morning.

2 comments:

Magnolia Handspun said...

Thank you very much for your kind words.
I am honored.
Nice to meet you.

Jan said...

I'm in awe of the work that you do...it takes a very special soul! Thanks for linking to my blog;-)